Since January, the staff at SITA World Tours has diligently worked with many of you in safeguarding your clients’ travel arrangements affected by the current COVID-19 situation. As an agent-centric operator, it is our goal to protect your financial interest and ensure the safety and travel-enjoyment of our mutual clients. Therefore, allow us to share the following details with you:
- We encourage you to review the US State Department Travel Advisory and the US Center for Disease Control Travel Health information to determine the status of your clients’ destination. Both sites provide valuable information and guide our actions when assessing a specific client travel arrangement.
- If you have questions for existing bookings departing within 30 days, please contact your SITA Travel Advisor. We have been successful in protecting your commission and your clients’ travel investment in many cases by postponing the departure or changing the destination.
- For departures outside 30 days we are temporarily modifying our Terms & Conditions to encourage future travel. Changes are as follows:
- Deposits for new bookings reduced by 50% to $250 per person
- Final payment due dates reduced from 60 days to 45 days before departure
- For departures prior to April 30 2020, clients may defer travel without penalty
The current worldwide health situation is fluid. We are committed to our partnership with the retail agent community and will assist you in evaluating each booking arrangement in detail and based on the current conditions. Please contact your SITA Travel Advisor or call us at 800.421.5643. You may also send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.