FAQs for TMC /Travel Agents
Global Distribution Systems (GDS) Integration
Marriott continues to work towards the full integration of Starwood Hotels (SPG). From
September 2018 through December 2018 (chain integration period), Marriott will be migrating the SPG chains from the SPG Central Reservation System (CRS) to the Marriott Central Reservation System. These FAQs are designed to help you understand our plan specific to the GDS channel. Please note that dates are subject to change.
Contacts and GDS Help Desk
1. Who do I contact before, during and after the chain integration period if I have a question on booking a SPG property in the GDS? SPG brands in the GDS channel include: St Regis, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, Westin, Sheraton, Le Meridien, Tribute Portfolio, Aloft, Four Points, and Element.
Global Rate Support Team (GRST) will be available by email or by phone to assist with any questions you may have
Telephone for Asia Pacific TIME-ZONES: +86-20-3815.7102
Telephone for Americas TIME-ZONES: 800-448-4066 (US TOLL FREE) OR +1 512-834-2426 X 622 2111
Telephone for Europe, Middle East and Africa TIME-ZONES: +353 21-452.1866
2. Who do I contact before, during and after the chain integration period if I am using my agency’s own Graphical User Interface (GUI) front end, and I have an issue booking a SPG property in the GDS?
If the issue is with the GUI, please follow your normal internal escalation process. All other questions, please contact the Global Rate Support Team by email or by phone as listed above in #1.
3. Who do I contact before, during and after the chain integration period if my customer has an issue making a booking for a SPG property on a Corporate Booking Tool (CBT)?
If the issue is with the CBT, please follow your normal internal escalation process. All other questions, please contact the Global Rate Support Team by email or by phone as listed above in #1.
GDS Chain Codes
4. Are all the SPG chain codes moving over to the Marriott CRS?
All the former SPG chain codes are moving over to the Marriott CRS. These chain codes include:
- AL – Aloft Hotels
- EL – Element
- LC -The Luxury Collection
- MD – Le Meridien
- SI – Sheraton (currently includes Four Points properties)
- TX – Tribute Portfolio
- WH – W Hotels
- WI – Westin
- XR – St. Regis
Four Points currently does not have its own chain code in the GDS. They are displayed under the Sheraton SI chain code. As part of integration, Marriott is introducing a new chain code for Four Points in the GDS – FP. See below for more details on FP chain code
5. Will SPG chain codes remain the same in the GDS?
All SPG chain codes will remain the same except for the introduction of the new chain code FP for Four Points. Note that all SPG chain codes moved from the SW (Starwood) GDS Master Chain Code to the EM (Every Marriott) Master Chain Code on August 30.
Four Points Chain Code (FP)
6. When will FP chain code be available in the GDS?
As part of the integration, Marriott will be implementing a new chain code for the Four Points brand. The Four Points chain code (FP) will be introduced in three waves (dates subject to change):
September 18: 67 Four Points properties can be shopped under chain code FP
October 10: Additional Four Points properties can now be shopped under chain code FP. All others will remain under chain code SI (Sheraton) until the next integration wave
October 30: All remaining Four Points properties can now be shopped under chain code FP
Amadeus Subscribers: No action is required
Travelport Subscribers: No action is required
For Sabre subscribers, negotiated rate codes will be built for Four Points prior to the activation of the new brand. This will allow you to add the FP chain code and appropriate rate access code to your HST and HIC tables in advance. Starting on September 12th, you will begin receiving notifications of the Four Points rate code in your supervisory queue (S 4 of 9 © 2018 Marriott International, Inc. Proprietary and Confidential. queue). Please update your viewership tables accordingly when you receive the notifications. You can begin shopping for some Four Points properties under chain code FP after the activation on September 18th. Please see above for Four Point schedule
7. Will all the SPG brands/chain codes move over to Marriott CRS at once, or will each have a different schedule?
The SPG chain codes will be integrated into the Marriott CRS in waves from September 2018 through December 2018. The schedule will be (dates subject to change):
September 18: 67 Four Points properties (moving to new chain code FP) All others will remain under chain code SI (Sheraton) until the next integration wave
October 10: Additional Four Points properties (moving to new chain code FP), Tribute Portfolio (TX)
October 30: Remaining Four Points properties (moving to new chain code FP), Sheraton (SI)
November 27: Westin (WI) Le Meridien (MD) W Hotels (WH)
December 11: The Luxury Collection (LC), St. Regis (XR), Aloft (AL), Element (EL)
8. Will SPG properties retain their current GDS property numbers after the integration?
All SPG properties WILL retain their current GDS property numbers. You can continue to shop by property number in the GDS.
In the Amadeus and Worldspan GDS, Four Points properties will change their chain code prefix designation from SI to FP to accommodate the new chain code. For example, current Four Points property SI1234 will become FP1234
GDS Master Chain Code
9. Will the SPG Master Chain Code (SW) display hotel availability?
No, the SPG Master Chain code SW will no longer display hotel availability. On August 30, all SPG chains were moved under the EM Master Chain code. You will receive a GDS error message if you use the SW chain code to check for availability
10. When will all SPG chain codes appear under the Marriott Master Chain Code (EM) in the GDS?
On August 30, all current SPG GDS chain codes were moved from the SW Master Chain to the EM Master Chain code. This now allows all appropriate Marriott chains (except Bvlgari Hotels & Resorts) to return in one area availability/city search where applicable
11. Will all Marriott chains, including SPG be displayed under the Marriott Master Chain Code (EM) in the GDS?
The following chain codes may be shopped under EM Master Chain Code (excludes Bvlgari Hotels):
- AL – Aloft PR – Protea
- AK – Autograph Collection RC – Residence Inn
- AR – AC Hotels RZ – Ritz Carlton
- BR – Renaissance Hotels SI – Sheraton
- CY – Courtyard TO – Towneplace Suites
- DE – Delta Hotels TX – Tribute Portfolio
- EB – Edition VC – Marriott Vacation Club
- EL – Element WH – W Hotels
- ET - Marriott Conference Centers WI – Westin Hotels
- FN – Fairfield Inn XR – St. Regis
- FP – Four Points XV – Springhill Suites
- GE – Gaylord
- LC – The Luxury Collection
- MC – Marriott, JW Marriott
- MD – Le Meridien
- OX – Moxy
Shopping and Booking in the GDS
Post integration, all SPG chains will be utilizing current Marriott GDS functionality.
12. Will there be any change to the GDS booking process for SPG properties after integration?
There will be no change in the GDS shopping and booking process post integration
13. Will SPG properties still participate in GDS Total Pricing displays after integration?
All SPG properties will display Total Pricing as Marriott properties do today
14. Will room types be confirmed at time of booking after integration?
Room type displays will follow current Marriott standard GDS format
15. Will alternate property availability be displayed if I request a hotel and it is sold out?
Alternate availability will follow current Marriott standard GDS format
16. Will alternate availability return a combined display of SPG and Marriott properties?
Alternate Availability will show a combination of available SPG and Marriott properties
17. Will information I entered in the SI (Special information) field made before integration remain on the record? Or will I need to re-enter information in the SI- field?
You will not need to re-enter information in the Special Information field
18. Will there be any change in how I enter a guest’s loyalty number in the GDS?
No, there is no change to the format for entering loyalty numbers during the booking path
19. Will SPG Direct Reference System (DRS) pages be available post integration? (e.g.: GGHTLSW in Amadeus; HODSW in Apollo/Galileo)
SPG DRS pages will not be available post-integration of the brands. Please check Marriott’s EM DRS/GRS pages for more information on SPG brands and policies
20. If my customer has a negotiated rate with SPG but not with Marriott, will I be able to book that rate code after integration?
Yes, you will be able to book using the SPG rate access codes after integration. However, if you experience any issues, please contact our Global Rate Support Team (See question #1). For Sabre subscribers please reference question # 24 for details on negotiated rate viewership.
Impact on Current SPG Reservations Post Integration
21. How will existing SPG reservations booked PRIOR to integration but with a POST integration stay be impacted?
Existing SPG reservations will move over to the Marriott central reservation system. These reservations will be assigned a new Marriott confirmation, but this is for internal use only. These new reservation numbers will not reflect in the GDS
22. Can I modify any SPG GDS bookings made before integration?
Until a brand is moved over to the Marriott systems (see Question #7 for dates), you can modify any SPG booking made before the integration date as per the normal GDS process.
Once a chain has migrated over to Marriott’s systems, reservations booked in SPG systems before migration will be carried over to Marriott systems. They will be assigned a new Marriott confirmation number. While this is for internal purposes only, if you attempt a modification on a previously booked SPG reservation you will receive a GDS error message because the old confirmation numbers held in the GDS will not be recognized.
Once you ET (end transact), the modification request will be sent to Marriott via the GDS queue process. Marriott will manually process the request and return confirmation via the CONFO field or via an OSI (Other Service Information) message in the PNR (Passenger Name Record). We will do our best to complete the modification in a most timely manner.
Once a SPG chain has been integrated over to Marriott systems, any new reservations booked may be modified as per the normal GDS process.
23. Can I cancel any GDS bookings made before a chain integrates over to Marriott systems?
There will be no impact on cancellations. You may cancel any SPG booking made before the integration date as per the normal GDS process.
Pre-Integration/Day of Integration
24. What steps does my agency need to take to ensure that we can book our customer’s negotiated rates?
Travelport (Apollo/Galileo/Worldspan) Subscribers: There is no action required on your part to ensure you can book negotiated rates.
Amadeus Subscribers: There is no action required on your part to ensure you can book negotiated rates.
Sabre Subscribers: You will need to rebuild some of your security HST and HIC tables.
Marriott will need to change many legacy SPG Sabre rate codes to match existing Sabre rate codes in the Marriott CRS. These changes will be communicated via the Sabre automated Supervisory queue (S Queue). Due to the volume of existing rate codes, you will experience an increase in queue messages as the SPG brands are migrated on each cutover day (see question #7 for schedule)
- For all points of sales (e.g. GetThere, Concur, APIs, Sabre Red): Negotiated rate viewership will be impacted until all appropriate viewership tables are updated
- Adopting Sabre’s Hotel Program Manager tool may assist in getting the rate codes updated.
Sabre GDS will be sending out reminders and product advisories to their subscriber base. Please contact your Sabre Account Director if you have any questions regarding the negotiated rate process, how to use Hotel Program Manager or any additional training needs. If you have questions regarding the details of the new rate codes, please reach out to our Global Rate Support Team (question #1)
25. Will there be any GDS downtime on the integration day(s) for booking SPG properties?
On each integration day (See Question #7 for dates), we do anticipate some GDS downtime as Marriott is completing the technical cutover. We will do our best to minimize.
We anticipate minimal downtime for availability of Retail rates. Negotiated rates may experience longer delays, but again we are working closely with each GDS to minimize downtime.
Sabre Subscribers: Please refer to question #24 as the HST and HIC tables will have an impact on availability of negotiated rates in the Sabre GDS.
Our Customer Experience Centers (CEC), brand.com and mobile channels will be available for booking reservations